AES Heart Challenge for the Week of April 13th

If you follow any forms of social media, you have probably seen the heart challenge where families across the world are cutting out hearts and taping them into their windows.  Maybe you have joined in on the fun already.  Today, I read, In My Heart: A Book of Feelings for a Facebook read aloud.  This book does a great job of validating all of the feelings that your heart can have for our little people as well as our big people.  On the last page, the book talks about how our heart can be proud.  I am proud everyday to be a part of such a caring, supportive, and loving school community.

This book has inspired me to join the heart challenge to help spread a little bit of happiness, joy, and love through our amazing community!  I am challenging all of our families to take some time this week  to cut out some hearts to put in your windows.  The hearts can be a simple design or make an elaborate picture.  If you don’t have paper, use different objects to make some hearts.  Or, look around you and you may just find something heart shaped in your “world.”  Email me pictures of your heart creations or found hearts!  I will be putting them together in a fun video!  Feel free to post them on our Facebook page or email them to me at mmcclure@hpseagles.net.  Let’s send some love out to our community and maybe make a few more people smile this week than last.

Missing all of your sweet faces and hoping you find a piece of joy today reconnecting with your class!  Air hugs to all!

Stay safe and well,

Mrs. McClure